Paedophile Graham Medway — serving a nine-year jail term for raping a toddler in 2020 — faces further punishment after he admitted sexually assaulting two young girls and exposing his genitals.
Medway, serving his sentence at HMP Isle of Wight, appeared before Island magistrates this morning (Tuesday), where he admitted two counts of sexually assaulting girls under the age of 13 on the Island.
The paedophile was jailed for raping a three-year-old girl while she was on a family day out at Fort Victoria Country Park, Yarmouth, in August 2020.
One of the new charges also relates to an incident at Fort Victoria but the new offences pre-date the child rape.
Regarding the first offence, Medway, 64, reached into the bedroom and sexually touched a girl, as she slept in a caravan at Landguard Holiday Park, Shanklin, on a night between June 20-22, 2013m court heard.
The girl, woken by the assault, managed to make her escape by pinching Medway’s hand, then alerteed her parents, asleep in an adjoining room, said Ann Smout, prosecuting, at the Isle of Wight Magistrates’ Court.
Then on September 6, 2014, Medway’s second victim had been playing with her young brother in a woodland area of Fort Victoria Country Park, Yarmouth.
Medway approached her and made a sexual advance, after she lost sight of her brother, said Mrs Smout.
Medway made a threat to the girl, but she broke free and ran to her mother, who called the police, the bench was told.
Medway, a serving prisoner with a release date of no earlier than 2026, also admitted two charges of exposure, in Freshwater, between January 1, 2017, and September 24, 2020.
Mrs Smout said the complainant, a six-year-old girl, said Medway had exposed his genitals to her on at least five occasions.
Medway was remanded in custody to reappear for sentencing at the Isle of Wight Crown Court on October 4.