This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 11th January – Friday 15th January 2021
• Robbert Dave Burnett, 37, of Garden Way in Newport, pleaded guilty to assault by beating. He was ordered to complete 25 rehabilitation days and was fined £200.
• Cara Ann Wright, 51, of Station Avenue in Sandown, pleaded guilty to drink driving (94). She was disqualified from driving for 23 months and ordered to complete 40 hours unpaid work, as well as paying costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Kane Martin Copsey, 43, of Player Street in Ryde, admitted assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty. He was fined £300 and told to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Patrick Gerard Warne, 63, of Palmerston Road in Shanklin, was given a 6 month conditional discharge for the offence of assaulting an emergency worker, namely a Police constable. He was told to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Kyah Jordan, 20, of Herbert Road in New Milton, admitted drink driving on an e-scooter (97). She was disqualified from driving for 24 months and ordered to complete 40 hours of unpaid work. She must also pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Charelle Buttieig, 46, of George Street in Ryde, pleaded guilty to using threatening/abusive/insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of violence. She was made subject to a community order with 20 rehabilitation days and fined £40. She was also ordered to pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Gareth Edward Furmidge, 41, of York Road in Sandown, admitted drug driving – Benzoylecgonine and Cannabis. He was disqualified from driving for 18 months, told to carry out 40 hours of unpaid work and ordered to pay costs of £150 with a £95 surcharge.
• Finlay John Bakewell, 20, of Cranleigh Gardens in Northwood, admitted causing harassment, alarm or distress and drunk and disorderly behaviour. He was fined £46 and told to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge,
• Max William Charlton Tunnicliffe, 23, of Berry Hill in Lake, was disqualified from driving for 6 months and fined £40 for driving without third party insurance. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Paul Anthony Ferguson, 53, of Mountfield Road in Wroxall, pleaded guilty to assault by beating. He was handed down a 10 week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months. He was ordered to carry out 15 rehabilitation days and pay costs of £85 with a £122 surcharge.
• Victor Joseph Spall, 62, of Arthurs Hill in Shanklin was fined £100 and ordered to complete 20 rehabilitation days for exposing his penis – an act of outraging public decency. He was told to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge too. He also admitted to failing to surrender to bail.
• Garry William Fry, 21, of Sylvan Drive in Newport, was found guilty of resisting a constable in the execution of their duty. He was fined £100 and told to pay £325 costs with a £95 surcharge. He was also made subject to a community order with 15 rehabilitation days.
Fry was also given 6 penalty points on his driving licence for failing to give information relating to the identification of the driver of a car, who is alleged to have been guilty of an offence.Garry pleaded guilty to this offence.