KITCHEN FIRE FILLS TERRACED PROPERTY WITH SMOKE IN BINSTEAD


Firefighters are tackling a kitchen fire at a mid-terrace property in Binstead this evening (Sunday).

3 fire crews from Ryde and Newport are on scene at Parkway, where a property has become smoke-logged as a result of a fire breaking out in the kitchen.

Island Echo is told that the incident began when the homeowners left cooking unattended whilst assisting a nearby neighbour.

Article continues below this advertisement

Firefighters have entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and equipped with a hose reel in order to contain and extinguish the fire, which broke out at around 19:15.

All persons have safely evacuated.

Positive pressure ventilation is being utilised to rid smoke from the family home.

UPDATE @ 20:27 – The fire, located on the ground floor, has been extinguished.

It’s been confirmed that the incident was caused by an unattended pan of oil.

Article continues below this advertisement

Did you know the majority of house fires occur in the kitchen? For safety information concerning cooking and kitchen appliances visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/kitchen/.

Island Echo