Isle of Wight primary school warns parents of further Covid case

Binstead Primary School has warned parents of a further confirmed case of Covid-19 today (Monday), however the school remains open to most pupils — and those who are affected have been contacted.

Earlier this month, the school confirmed 33 students and five members of staff had been isolating and said it was working in conjunction with Public Health England.

In texts and emails, it said families of “the small number of children who have been in close contact with the individual who has tested positive for coronavirus have received a letter informing them that their child must stay at home for 14 days.”

Headteacher Rebecca Chessell confirmed earlier today a member of the Binstead Primary School community has tested positive for the virus.

A statement issued by the Isle of Wight Council said: “The school has rigorously followed the advice of Public Health England, accessed through the Department for Education official advice service.

“Any affected persons are following official guidance, including self-isolating for the necessary periods as directed.

“In the circumstances, due to the timeframes involved since the person with the positive test result was last in school, Public Health England has advised no further action is required.

“Parents and families can be reassured that all recommended precautionary actions have been taken. No further action is required from parents or families of any children that attend the school.”

A text has been sent to parents today (Monday):

Isle of Wight County Press:

Isle of Wight County Press | News