A seemingly endless series of problems are causing havoc for traffic on the (usually) twenty minute drive between Cowes and Northwood today (Monday).
Motorists trying to travel between the two towns are facing:
- Reports of an earlier crash on Rolls Hill (the Isle of Wight NHS Trust says an ambulance was sent to the scene but no-one was hurt)
- A road closure on Pallance Road, Northwood
- Lights for maintenance work on Rolls Hill Road
- The ongoing St Mary’ roundabout works
- No Cowes-East Cowes chain ferry
Island Roads’ website lists three lots of work between the two towns.
Long tailbacks have been reported – with traffic facing delays and queuing between Newport to Northwood.
Southern Vectis says its route one buses have been hit by delays.